Believe it or not, we started at the bottom of Pilot Mountain (The Knob) there in the back ground if you are not familiar with the area, and we ran to the top. 2 Miles up! I finished 13 out of 81 runners and my buddy Kenneth finished just 9 seconds behind me at 14th place.
It was a great run, the fellowship was awesome and I plan to do it again next year.
The Wytheville District Youth Leaders are traveling throughout the Wytheville District July 13-17 2009. Along with the adults there will be 100 plus youth. that’s right more than 100 people traveling the District looking to bless those in need.
Here are the opportunities:
I am planning the Hillsville-Carroll County Area for Friday July 17th for about 7 hours that day.
#1. We need work to do. Most likely they will be split in several different groups. Do you know of people in need that we can bless?
#2. Would you like to be a chaperon: If you are part of the UMC and have background checks. If not, see me and we will work on it fast!
#3. Would you like to donate Pizza to feed the 100 plus on Friday evening?
#4. Would you like to run shuttle vans for the day?
The greatest need is for WORK that needs to be done. I know there is plenty, help us to discover what needs doing, who needs to be blessed. You do not have to be part of the UMC to be helped, you just need to need the help!
This is a big undertaking and I am so excited for our Youth and the Wytheville District. This church is on FIRE.
Based on Matthew 25: 34-46
34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
45“He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
46“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Read from the bottom up and remember there is a two hour time delay.
- If you have a need during my vacation, call me and leave a voice mail.half a minute ago from web
- Vacation officially starts in 1.5 hours. I will of course still be blogging, facebooking and twittering. I will only check e-mail once a day1 minute ago from web
- OK, we went to the Pilot Mtn. Challenge and they had Peanut Butter Delite and I have now eaten 3 of them. NO MORE26 minutes ago from web
- Been riding the cycle with Christopher & Samuel. Its like they live for it.about 2 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- Headed home, it has been a blessed week. Time with family, an awesome annual conference, an awesome wedding. Wowabout 3 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- It has been an awesome day! Vacation starts at midnight so I have miles to go before that time. No work mentally next week!about 3 hours ago from web
- blogging Celebrating the Wedding Day with Jay and Suzanne www.imagebearer.wordpress.comabout 3 hours ago from web
- We are at the reception for Jay and Suzanneabout 4 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- It is official, Jay and Suzanne are now Mr. & Mrs Jay Holderfieldabout 6 hours ago from web
- Praying for the wedding ceremony!about 7 hours ago from web
- Grabbing a Mocha Joe. Think I am addicted to these things.about 9 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- Headed into the office. Holderfield wedding @ 4PMabout 9 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- Going to mow the yard with Samuel. The grass grows quick with the blessing of rain.about 11 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- Oh the feeling of victory! Finished 13 & Kenneth 14 out of 81 runners.about 12 hours ago from web
- Just came across a really bad car wreck on white pine Cc road, need our prayers.about 12 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- Runners that is!about 13 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- I beat Kenneth in the Pilot Mountain Challenge!about 13 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- Ouch, can I still back out?about 15 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- Decided to run the mountain. Starts @ 815about 16 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- Its the last day of spring & supposed to be the hottest, 95about 16 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- I have slept very little, debating on whether to run or not. Don’t feel great.about 17 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- The house is so peaceful I almost want to stay up and drink coffee and just enjoy the presence of God in the peacefulness.about 22 hours ago from TwitterBerry
- I think Samuel was just waitng on me to come to bed. He is sound asleep in less than a minute. 12:21am bout time for me to also be asleep.about 22 hours ago from TwitterBerry
Jay and Suzanne, listen to these wise words:
May your marriage bring you all the fulfillment a marriage should bring and may the Lord give you patience, tolerance, and understanding. May it be full of joy and laughter, as well as comfort and support. May you discover the true depth of love through loving one another.
Remember that every burden is easier to carry when you have the shoulders of two instead of one. When you are weary and discouraged, look to Jesus to refresh and strengthen you.
May you always need one another-not so much to fill your emptiness, as to help you to know your fullness. May you always need one another, but not out of weakness. Rejoice in and praise one an-other’s uniqueness, for God is the Creator of both male and female and differences in personality.
Be faithful to one another in your thoughts and deeds and, above all, be faithful to Jesus. May you see the marriage bed as an altar of grace and pleasure. May you remember that each time you speak to one another you are talking to someone that God has claimed and told,” You are very special.” View and treat your partner as one who was created in the image of God. Remember that you are not to hold your partner captive, but to give them freedom to become all that God wants them to be. May you then embrace and hold one another, but not en-circle one another.
May God renew your minds so you look to draw out the best and the potential in one another. Look for things to praise, never take one another for granted, often say, “I love you,” and take no notice of little faults. Affirm one another, defer to one another, and believe in your partner. If you have differences that push you apart, may both of you have good sense enough to take the first step back. May the words, “You’re right,” “Forgive me,” and “I forgive you” be close at hand.
- 40 Day Devotional Inspired by Harry Denman
- 40 Day Fasting Journal
- 90 Days to reading the New Testament
- Adoption Foster Care
- Bible Study
- Celebrate Recovery
- Eternal Life
- First UMC Hillsville
- Holston Challenge 2010
- Hope for the Children of Sudan
- Logos Bible Study Software
- Out Of The Box
- Resurrection 2009
- Smith Family
- Take your best shot
- Tech Stuff
- United Methodist Church